The KADIWA outlets of the Department of Agriculture (DA) offer native red and white onions for P170 a kilo, with each customer allowed to buy a maximum of three kilos, to help ease consumer’s worries due to the skyrocketing prices of onions in local markets.
According to the latest update from the DA Bantay Presyo – National Capital Region (NCR), the market price of both local red and white onions is at P420 to P600.
The KADIWA stores have been selling the P170/kilo onions since the issuance of the DA Administrative Circular No. 9 dated October 7, 2022, which sets the suggested retail price of medium-sized red onions in NCR wet markets at P170 per kilogram.
The native onions currently sold at the KADIWA outlets are supplied by farmers from Nueva Ecija, Pangasinan, and Tarlac.
Today, January 11, consumers may avail of P170/kilo onions at the following KADIWA stores:
● DA Agribusiness Development Center, Elliptical Road, Quezon City;
● Maginhawa Street corner Mapagpakumbaba Street, Barangay Sikatuna Village, Quezon City;
● Bureau of Plant Industry, San Andres, Manila;
● Plaza Hugo Basketball Court, Sta. Ana, Manila;
● Barangay Hall, Barangay 619, Sta. Mesa, Manila;
● Petron Station, San Antonio, Parañaque City;
● The Podium, Julio Vargas corner ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City; and
● Verdant Covered Court, Pamplona 3, Las Piñas City.
For schedule of other KADIWA stores, visit the DA Agribusiness – AMAS Facebook page. ### (text by Krystelle Ymari A. Vergara, DA-AFID, photo by Marlon Charles Rufo, DA-AMAS)